Friday, October 29, 2010

Experimenting

Experimenting is great because, from the start, it gives you permission to fail. Some experiments will work out and some won’t. Either way, it’s okay because you’re learning something.     Maria Elkins

I love days when I go into my studio with no agenda.   Experimentation becomes possible then.   I don't know about you, but some days I enter the studio with an idea but find that once I begin to play with it, new ideas come and the joy of experimentation takes over.   I do learn something.   I do figure out things oftimes in such situations.  And because on those days, anything I do is for me, then, it doesn't matter whether I make mistakes or whether or not the stitching is perfect, or whether the seams match up.  Everything I do, then , is for PLAY, discovery, practice, freedom..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...