Friday, October 22, 2010

AA Quilts and Honoree Jeffers

My sister and I went to Morehead, KY to the Folk Art Museum last night to see the quilts on display and to hear Professor Jeffers' reading.   It was an interesting and informative trip.   The quilts were fascinating examples of art, all hand quilted and seemingly made from what was on hand.  When I think of the patience it requires to hand quilt, I am in awe of these earlier quilters.

Professor Jeffers was mentored by Lucille Clifton, one of my favorite poets.  Her own poetry  was strong, graphic, and often touching.  I love poetry.  I was reading a blog earlier today where the writer said she collects poems she loves, and reads some poetry everyday.  She said it calms her and gets her in the mood to begin creating.  It caused me to wonder what others do to fuel the mood to begin working?

Peace, love and blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...