I've completed top for "Mountain Mama's Flower Garden" (changed name to allude to WV mountains) and will post picture as soon as I download pics from camera ( tomorrow). I've stopped progress on portrait project to prepare some items for the Apple Butter Festival which is coming up around the end of this month. I already have pillow cases, shopping bags, and a couple of purses, so I plan to add a few more items--wall hangings, throws, and another purse if I can get to it. There will be another Winter Festival in November, and I plan to make several other smaller projects for that. I found two different fabrics with the Walt Disney Princess on it in lavender and purple. I have idea to make pillow cases and a matching towel set with that fabric and the lovely lavender towels I found the other day.
The portrait is still on my mind and I've been collecting fabric for a month now. I think I have what I need but I won't be sure until I sit down and begin to put the faces together. Because it is two faces and one is slightly pink and the other has more peachy coloring, I'm worried about making them distinct enough. Deidre Scherer and Ruth McDowell both use patterned fabric in their faces and I love how well it works for them. As a result, I've been trying to find the perfect pattern for this portrait's faces, and that is one of the reasons fabric selection has been taking me so long this time ( it is always a little trying for me). Using monochromatic color choices was easier, but still took some time to find values that worked effortlessly with one another. Once fabric selection is done, the actual 'piecing of the face' goes easily, reminds me a lot of paper piecing which is basis of this process actually for me. Will get pics downloaded first thing in the morning.