Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Piecemaker Challenge

          On Sunday, May 20, 2012 the Piecemakers had their annual
community quilt show.   It was wonderful success. Our challenge for this year was for us to create a quilt that illustrated our favorite Bible verse.   One of my favorite verses comes from Psalms 25.


Your ways, O Lord, make known to me
teach me your path
guide me in your path and teach me,
for You are  my saviour...

The process of preparing this quilt for presentation is viewed and discussed more below:


It started with a photo I took of a scene  found in Huntington's beautiful Ritter Park.
 Then came the bones of the the picture and the auditionioning of fabrics.  I used S2S fusing to hold parts together.  Quilting key sections as I went along.  I did leaves last.

  Here's a close -up of the bench that sits between the four majestic oaks.

I fused most of the leaves on then added three strips with 3d leaves that sort of swayed in the wind.

And here is the completed quilt.   It won first place.  My goal is to do a series of quilts depicting Huntington's  Ritter Part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...